Frequently Asked Questions:
What is "Rays of Light: Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat"?
“Rays of Light: Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat” is one of six Golden Jubilee International Programmes, and seeks to depict the work of His Highness the Aga Khan through 60 years of his Imamat. On December 11, 2008, immediately following the final Golden Jubilee Darbar in Paris, His Highness had inaugurated this exhibition, accompanied by members of his family.
This multimedia presentation comprises approximately 250 photographs, video clips, and audio segments covering the period from Mawlana Sultan Mohamed Shah to recent times. These include childhood photographs of His Highness and Prince Amyn, video clips of His Highness inaugurating key projects, and media products chronicling historical moments in his Imamat.
How can I register for the exhibition?
- Registration for viewing the exhibition is mandatory and will be done in Jamatkhana on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your preferred viewing date and time will be noted on your Rays of Light appointment card.
- Registration can be done online as well.
- Registration as a family is encouraged. One member of the family can register the entire family.
What plans should I make to view the exhibition?
- A complete viewing of the exhibition will take at least one hour. However, you can stay and view the exhibition for as long as you desire.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time. If you are late or miss your appointment time for any reason, you may re-register for a new time slot.
- Upon arrival at the exhibition venue, please check-in at the registration desk, where you will receive your souvenir copy of the Rays of Light Exhibition Guide.
- Food, beverages, photography, videography, or the use of cellular phones and/or other digital devices are strictly prohibited inside the exhibition premises.
- The exhibition is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Admission to exhibition is complimentary.
Can I bring my interfaith family members and/or friends to view the exhibition?
- Yes, interfaith family members, friends, colleagues, and business associates are welcome. Please note that you will need to register them in advance. Jamati members are encouraged to accompany their external guests.
- If your guests require detailed information about the exhibition, please inform the Rays of Light Ambassador upon registration and/or check-in. The Ambassador will make the appropriate arrangements.