Full details of school closures and how this will work have not been decided yet. The situation is changing all the time so please check verified sources for information.
The key points from the announcement are:
All non-essential costs should be mitigated in your business during this time
- Schools will be closed to the vast majority of students.
- Schools will be open to students who are in the following categories:
- Vulnerable students i.e. students with education, health and care plans in place)
- Children of Key Workers e.g. emergency workers, NHS staff and delivery workers – a list of key workers will be shared by the government
- Meals and vouchers will be given to children eligible for Free School Meals
- GCSE, A-levels and Sats exams will not go ahead in England and Wales, the decision for Scotland and Northern Ireland has not been made yet.
The same advice has been given to early years providers, private schools and colleges.
Schools will be organising home learning for children who are not going to school during this time. Make sure schools have all your contact details and that you read all communication from schools.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact AKEB by emailing [email protected].