Many supermarkets are providing protected shopping hours for NHS staff:
- Tesco: NHS staff with valid ID card are able to shop for an hour before normal opening hours every Sunday at Tesco.
- Sainbury’s: NHS workers have a dedicated slot between 7.30am and 8am Monday to Saturday at Sainsbury’s.
- Marks and Spencer: NHS workers will get sole access on Tuesdays and Fridays for its first hour of trading.
- Asda: priority to NHS workers in its larger stores every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am to 9am
- Morrisons: NHS staff will have dedicated shopping times at Morrisons supermarkets between 7am and 8am Monday to Saturday.
- Waitrose: It does not have any opening hours reserved for key coronavirus workers. But it will hold aside some of the most popular items for such staff.
- Lidl: NHS hour at all their stores Monday to Saturday 7am – 8am.
- Costco Costco: warehouses are opening one hour early (prior to the trade opening time) for employees of the NHS and emergency services
- Co-operative: NHS staffers are invited to shop at the Co-Operative shop from 8am to 9am on Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, this designated NHS hour will run from 10am to 11am.
- Iceland: Monday to Friday, final hour of trading
- Aldi: open 30 minutes early on Sunday for NHS, police and fire services
Members of the Jamat are advised to carry their NHS ID with them when visiting these stores.
Staying Savvy: Discounts
Below is a summary of some of the many discounts on the market
- 50% all take-away food and free delivery at Leon for NHS workers
- Mindful Chef – 30% discount on recipe boxes and ready meals. Email [email protected] from NHS account to get a code
- Free Unlimited Data for NHS workers on Vodafone (this is also for many other groups, please check whether you are eligible)
- WHSmith - 20% off food and drink in hospital locations with valid ID
- Many hospitals are enabling staff to park on site free of charge during this time – please check with your local Trust for details
- National Car Parking (NCP): offering free parking at all their sites across 150 carparks nationwide. For more information visit ncp.co.uk
- YourParkingSpace: NHS staff can register and access free parking across 900+ carparks nationawide. Please visit yourparkingspace.co.uk for further details
Health and Wellbeing
It is important to look after your own health and well-being during this trying time. Resources to consider include:
- Headspace app: free access to all NHS staff with an NHS email address available until 31/12/2020 – go to www.headspace.com/nhs with the option to select clinical or non-clinical staff to start enrolling.
- Try our mindfulness videos