If any of the following apply to you, then you should not be volunteering in a way where you will potentially come into contact with people.
However, we would still like to invite all members of the Jamat to volunteer virtually through our various social distancing volunteering projects.
You may be asked to update your details before registering.
• You have a temperature, a new continuous cough or any of the other documented symptoms of coronavirus and live on your own
• Someone in your household has a temperature, a new continuous cough or any of the other documented symptoms of coronavirus
• You are pregnant
• You are an adult with an underlying health condition:
- Long-term respiratory diseases – such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Long-term heart disease – such as heart failure
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease – such as hepatitis
- Neurological conditions – such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, a learning disability, or cerebral palsy
- Problems with your spleen – such as sickle cell disease, or your spleen has been removed
- Weakened immune system – resulting from conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- Seriously overweight (body mass index of 40+)
- Clinical conditions that put you at a higher risk of severe illness. Examples include: having received an organ transplant or if you are on immunosuppression medication; have cancer and on active chemotherapy or radiotherapy; being treated for a cancer of the blood or bone marrow; have severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma; severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease needing dialysis
If you are unsure about whether you are well enough to volunteer, or you have any concerns about it, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]