IDE8 is an Open Innovation Challenge that brings together youth and young professionals between the ages of 8 to 30 years to find solutions to the world’s greatest challenges. COVID-19 has highlighted these significant challenges that impact our entire ecosystem. Whether this impact is to the environment, within communities, at home, at work, or in schools, IDE8 provides a platform to discover and develop social innovative solutions to the opportunities that have been posed. The knowledge gained will prepare all to build, and build well for a dynamic future.
What is IDE8 trying to achieve?
- To discover and develop innovative solutions to challenges and opportunities posed by COVID-19 and relevant to the dynamically evolving world
- To encourage participants to look for ideas and/or out of the box innovations throughout their life’s journey, whether it’s at home, at work, at school, within the communities they live in and to build well for the future
- To leverage the power of diversity and knowledge to discover impact-driven, disruptive solutions and prepare our community well for the dynamic future.
How will this program work?
Participants will have access to curated webinars that take them through the creative process of ideation all the way to pitching and networking. Content webinars will be age appropriate and will be conducted on Zoom. Login details will be communicated on a timely basis prior to each webinar along with a list of resources that will be needed during the webinar. All participants are highly encouraged to attend the webinars as they will provide learnings that will help in putting their submissions forward.
All participants will receive a toolkit with frameworks that will help with the process. These tools have been developed by experts and will be shared on a weekly basis, to align with the progression of the content delivered during the webinars. This progression has been designed across the stages of developing the solutions. Participants can expect to receive access to their toolkit prior to Content Webinar 1.
IDE8 will provide access to a pool of tool experts and mentors that participants can seek advice and direction from on their chosen challenge. Details on how participants can reach out to Tool Experts/Mentors will be communicated at a later stage.
Participants will work on an idea for a solution for one or more challenges. Final submissions will include a submission form and a video submission of the participant(s) pitching their solution. Final submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will select the top 3 submissions from each age group. Please note, challenges, submission forms and video submissions differ based on the age group and are detailed out in this handbook in the respective sections.
Important Dates and Timings*
- 20 June 2020: Launch Event & Registration begins
- 27 June 2020: Content Webinar 1
- 4 July 2020: Content Webinar 2
- 11 July 2020: Content Webinar 3
- 18 July 2020: Content Webinar 4
- 20 July 2020: Registration Closes
- 25 July 2020: Submissions Deadline
- 7 & 8 August 2020: Finale Event
- 15 August 2020: Content Webinar 5
Content Webinar timings for each age group are as follows:
Ages 8 to 12 years: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM GST
Ages 13 to 16 years: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM GST
Ages 17 to 30 years: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM GST
*Please note, dates and timings mentioned are tentative and subject to change