What is Time and Knowledge Nazrana (TKN)?
Time and Knowledge Nazrana (TKN) represents a combination of two cherished Ismaili traditions, namely offering one’s intellectual capacity to assist in the Imamat’s efforts for the progress of the Jamat, and submitting an unconditional gift to the Imam of the time. Tens of thousands of murids worldwide offered TKN to Mawlana Hazar Imam during the Golden Jubilee. We now have another opportunity during the commemoration of our Imam’s Diamond Jubilee to offer this Nazrana.
What is a TKN Niyat?
A TKN Niyat is a formal declaration of the intention to gift one’s time and knowledge to the Imam for utilization at his discretion in the work of Imamat, Jamati and AKDN Institutions.
Who is eligible to offer TKN?
All murids of Mawlana Hazar Imam may offer Time and Knowledge Nazrana. The emphasis is on offering one’s knowledge, expertise and experience in professional and specialized fields of work and endeavor.
Can I offer a TKN Niyat during the Diamond Jubilee if I had already offered a TKN Niyat during the Golden Jubilee?
Yes. Murids may offer a Diamond Jubilee Niyat even if they had offered a Golden Jubilee Niyat.
Is there a time limit to offer my Diamond Jubilee TKN niyat?
You can submit your Diamond Jubilee TKN niyat anytime between March 21, 2017 and July 11, 2018.
What qualifies as a TKN assignment?
Voluntary service rendered on the basis of a match between an identified institutional need and the volunteer’s qualifications and experience constitutes a TKN assignment.
Typically, a TKN assignment:
- Assists in furthering the objectives/strategies of an Imamat, Jamati or AKDN institution or programme
- Enables the development of institutional capacity and responds to institutional needs and priorities
- Provides an opportunity for professional growth and personal fulfillment to the volunteer who serves on an assignment
In line with the above, institutions identify specific assignments for which they wish to recruit suitably qualified TKN volunteers.
What type of time commitment is required for a TKN assignment?
TKN assignments have varying time requirements. Some assignments can be as short as one day while others can be for several months or longer durations. The time commitment depends both on the requirements of the particular assignment/project and the TKN volunteer’s availability.
How are TKN volunteers selected for assignments?
The matching and selection of volunteers to render TKN service to an Imamat, AKDN or Jamati institution will be merit-based and determined by institutional needs and requirements. A volunteer should not feel discouraged or disheartened if he/she is not selected for a particular TKN assignment. All TKN volunteers will be considered for TKN assignment opportunities on an ongoing basis, beyond the Diamond Jubilee year, with the objective of matching assignment requirements with the volunteer’s skills, qualifications, experience and availability.
When can I expect to serve on an assignment?
The institutions work diligently to match volunteers who have offered TKN Niyats to serve on assignments. TKN Volunteers are identified through a search in the TKN database and matched with the requirements of the TKN assignments submitted by institutions. When opportunities, which match your skills, qualifications and experience are identified, you will be contacted to determine your interest and availability for the assignment. In order to expedite this process, it is vital that you keep your TKN profile, availability and contact details updated on the website.
Can I serve on more than one TKN Assignment?
Yes. You can serve on more than one assignment if you are selected by the host institution as the best-qualified volunteer for a particular assignment.
What if I am not available to commit at the time when I am asked to serve on an assignment?
There are times when TKN volunteers are approached for an assignment but are unable to serve because of other professional or personal commitments. When contacted, they can indicate when they might be available for future assignments.
Does my TKN Niyat expire?
No. TKN Niyats do not expire. TKN volunteers may be approached anytime during or after the Diamond Jubilee to serve on assignments which match their qualifications, skills and experience.
How do I update my profile information?
If you already have an online profile, you should regularly update the profile by logging in. If you have not accessed your online profile, please reach out to the TKN Central Office through the contact us link. If you submitted your Diamond Jubilee niyat through the paper form and have provided your email address, you will receive an email which will guide you through the process of creating an online profile where you can update your profile and upload your resume at any time.
What will happen to my information after 11th July 2018?
Your information will remain in the database beyond this date. However, you are encouraged to continue updating your contact, professional and educational details when there are any changes in this information, in order to facilitate TKN volunteer placements beyond 2018.
Website Access and Profile Update Process
How do I obtain my Diamond Jubilee TKN Niyat registration access code?
You will need a 12-digit TKN access code which can be acquired from the TKN desk in Jamatkhana or your local TKN team.
When I visit the TKN website for the first time, do I create my own username or do I get this from the TKN office? Please explain how I can access my profile for the first time.
- If you had submitted a TKN niyat during the Golden Jubilee and successfully accessed your profile on the website, you should have an existing username and password which you can use to log in.
- If you have not yet accessed your online profile and wish to submit a Diamond Jubilee niyat, you can do so on the website by selecting the option "Create New Profile". You will be requested to set your username, password and security questions and be given access to a new profile.
- You will be asked if you had submitted a Golden Jubilee niyat and to provide your Golden Jubilee TKN ID# if you remember it. Your response to this question will enable the TKN office to find your Golden Jubilee profile and merge it with the new one you create.
If I already have an online profile through my Golden Jubilee TKN niyat submission, should I create another profile for my Diamond Jubilee niyat registration?
You do not have to create a new profile for Diamond Jubilee niyat registration. You can use your existing credentials to register your Diamond Jubilee niyat as follows:
- Click on "Register your Diamond Jubilee Niyat".
- Enter your 12-digit code from the Online Niyat Registration Card you obtained in Jamatkhana.
- Select the “I have an existing profile” option on the subsequent page and follow the onscreen instructions.
I am unsure if I submitted a TKN Niyat during the Golden Jubilee. How do I check?
You can contact the TKN office and request assistance by using the "Contact Us" link.
I do not remember my Golden Jubilee TKN Form/ID #. Can you please provide it?
You can contact the TKN office and request assistance by using the "Contact Us" link.
What should I do if I cannot remember my password?
You may request a new password through the following steps:
- Click on the Website "Login to Existing Profile button" and select "Forgot Password" option. This will take you to the "Request New Password/Recover username" panel.
- On this panel, select the "Forgot Password" option, enter your username and click on "Email new Password" button. You will be asked a security question to confirm your identification, following which the website will send you an email with a one-time link to your profile.
- This one-time link will bring you to the "Account Page" of your online profile where you can enter your new password. Re-enter the new password on the line below for confirmation.
Why does the online profile not reflect the information completed on the TKN form submitted during the Golden Jubilee?
Golden Jubilee Niyat forms were submitted over 10 years ago. The personal, education, and professional experience information for many volunteers may have changed considerably since that time. A full profile update is required only if you log in to your online profile for the first time, after which you only need to update your profile to make future changes.
How do I upload or attach my resume to my online profile?
Resume can be uploaded in ‘.doc’, '.txt', ‘.docx’ or ‘pdf’ formats under the Import Documents tab of the online profile.
How do I enter more than one Employment experience in my online profile?
You can enter up to three employment experiences by clicking on “+ Add another work experience” at the bottom of the "Work Experience" box.You can enter up to two experiences by clicking on “+ Add another volunteer experience” at the bottom of the "Volunteer Experience" box.
When I submitted my Diamond Jubilee Niyat, I noticed that my TKN ID# changed. Do I have two distinct TKN ID#s and profiles?
A new TKN ID# is being issued for Diamond Jubilee niyat registrations. However, there will be one profile for each TKN volunteer. If a TKN Volunteer has submitted a niyat for Golden Jubilee and also for Diamond Jubilee, the unified profile represents both the TKN ID#s.