When you remove the skin, it makes a big difference to the amount of saturated fat, so don't be tempted to keep the skin on chicken wings whichever way you cook them. Keep an eye on your salt intake by missing out the MSG and using low salt soy sauce.
1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken wing, skin removed
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp chilli powder
4 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp monosodium glutamate, optional
What does this chart mean?
- Saturated fat3.3g
- Sugars (Total)0.1g
1. Wash and dry the chicken wings.
2. Mix all the other ingredients into a dish.
3. Add the chicken to the above mixture and marinate for at least 2 hours.
4. Place the marinated wings in a grill pan or roasting tin and grill under high heat for 10 minutes on each side until done.
5. Baste with the juices if wings appear dry and serve immediately.