Healthy Meals, Healthy Hearts
Add your favourite vegetables to this dish and you get even more nutrients. Choose a low salt soy sauce to make this healthier.
200 g (2 cups) broccoli floret, 5-6cm/2" inch long
2 tsp rapeseed (canola) oil
1 medium Spanish onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
2 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp peanut, (unsalted) crushed
2 tbsp soy sauce, (dark)
½ tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
1 tsp demerara sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
200 g (2½ cups) wheat noodle
What does this chart mean?
- Saturated fat2.5g
- Sugars (Total)14.5g
1. Wash the broccoli in cold water. Cook it in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain well.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large, heavy-based pan. Add the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the garlic, chillies and broccoli and sauté over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the ginger and peanuts. Add the soy sauce, black pepper, sugar and sesame oil. Mix well.
5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following the manufacturer's instructions.
6. Drain the noodles and quickly mix with the garlic and broccoli mixture. Serve immediately.