Global Encounters Camps are open to intellectually curious and civic-minded young people who demonstrate leadership, strive for excellence, and have a commitment to serve their communities and countries.
We would like to get to know you and learn about your interests, passions, and motivation for applying. We encourage you to be open and honest in your application. Your application will be reviewed by an Admissions Committee comprised of a team of educators and professionals.
Three programmes will be held during the 2022 cycle:
- Kenya: 25 June to 17 July 2022 (based at the Aga Khan Academy Mombasa)
- India: 24 December 2022 to 7 January 2023 (based at the Aga Khan Academy Hyderabad)
- Pakistan: 24 December 2022 to 7 January 2023 (based at the Aga Khan University)
Please keep the following information in mind when you apply:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 15 to 18 years old as at 1 June 2022. Eligible applicants must be in high/secondary school.
- Applicants must be fully COVID vaccinated or must have the intent to be fully vaccinated two (2) weeks before departing for camp. Please visit to the COVID-19 Updates page for additional details.
- A fully submitted application includes the following three components:
- Participant Form with short answer essay questions that must be completed independently by the applicant.
- Parent/Guardian Form to be completed by a parent or guardian
- Teacher/Mentor Recommendation Form to be completed by a teacher, mentor, or coach
Please note: Global Encounters Alumni (past participants of a Global Encounters programme in Kenya, India, or Pakistan) are not eligible to apply. However, CONNECT Alumni who have not attended a residential Global Encounters Camp are eligible and encouraged to apply.
The programme fee is $3,950 USD for June and $2,950 USD for December camps.
The fee covers accommodation, insurance, in-country ground and air transport, meals, field visits, qualified staff, and an excursion.
International airfare from your home country to the host country, visa fees, vaccination costs and souvenirs are not included in the programme fee.
Admission into Global Encounters Camps is on a needs-blind basis, and financial aid may be available to admitted participants that need support.
Health and Safety Information
As safety is a top priority, Global Encounters Camps will regularly share the most current COVID-19 considerations, information, and programme adaptations with prospective participants and families. Given COVID is dynamic, we are being flexible in our approach.
You can find more information on health and safety at camps on by reading our COVID-19 updates page.
Applications are now closed for 2022 in-person camps.