When Global Encounters resumes residential camps in 2022, we will be seeking professionals and educators with experience and passion for working with youth to join us on an exciting journey!
Global Encounters aims to retain a talented and committed staff team that reflects a diversity of cultures, interests, careers, and educational backgrounds.
For each camp, we try to build a cohort of facilitators and staff that complement each other’s personalities and skills and reflect well our shared core values. Staff members have the unique responsibility of helping to develop transformational experiences and strong, lifelong friendships.
Global Encounters is a rigorous programme and we are we are looking for individuals who are committed, flexible and hard working.
- Preferably 25 years and older.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 3+ years working experience.
- Professionals from all disciplines are encouraged to apply (non-profit, business, government, technology, healthcare, education, arts, etc.).
- Passion for youth development and experience working with youth within or outside the Jamati context.
- Ability to be a mentor and serve as a role model with positive values.
- Flexibility, strong communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and experience working on a team with peers with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work long hours and excel in environments that are challenging.
- An understanding of international development.
- Excellent command in speaking and reading English.
- International volunteer experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple languages is an asset.
Examples of Volunteer Roles:
Associate Logistics Director. Applicants must have professional or volunteer experience in project management, operations and programme execution at the grassroots level.
Associate Programme Director. Applicants must have professional or volunteer experience working with youth. Academics and graduate students with teaching and research experience or applicants working in the field of international development or social enterprise are preferred.
Social Worker / Mental Health Counsellor. Applicants must have a degree in social work, counselling, psychology or psychiatry and 5+ years of experience working directly with children and youth.
Nurse / Camp Medical Team Member. Applicants must have a nursing or medical degree, be currently practicing, and possess 5+ years of clinical experience in a hospital or clinic setting. Experience working with children and youth preferred.
Safety and Security Team Member. Applicants must have training and on-the-ground experience in risk management and security in a professional or volunteer capacity. Experience in fields such as law enforcement, national guard, or military is preferred.
Global Encounters programme: 5 weeks full-time on site and 12 weeks part-time virtual availability for meetings, planning and programme development
Global Encounters: Expedition programme: 3 weeks full-time on site and 12 weeks part-time virtual availability for meetings, planning and programme development