Global Encounters Residential Camps
Global Encounters Residential Camps give participants the unique opportunity to experience lived pluralism in a residential setting, while at the Aga Khan Academies and The Aga Khan University, and in a digital setting, during CONNECT.
During the camps, participants:
- cultivate lifelong friendships with brothers and sisters from around the world;
- work with local community organisations on service learning projects;
- gain a deep understanding of development;
- experience the AKDN's work in action;
- broaden their perspectives in thought-provoking and challenging courses;
- explore arts and culture;
- visit world heritage sites; and
- discover what it means to be a global citizen.
Three programmes will be held in 2022:
- Kenya: 25 June to 17 July 2022 (based at the Aga Khan Academy Mombasa)
- India: 24 December 2022 to 7 January 2023 (based at the Aga Khan Academy Hyderabad)
- Pakistan: 24 December 2022 to 7 January 2023 (based at the Aga Khan University)
CONNECT Global Virtual Camp
During the pandemic in 2020, Global Encounters, in collaboration with Aga Khan Youth and Sports Boards, introduced CONNECT: A Journey of Exploration, Learning and Creativity. CONNECT offers opportunities for youth to make friends from around the world, engage in cultural exchange, learn new skills, explore the AKDN, collaborate on creative projects, dialogue about current issues, and build for the future. In 2020 and 2021, nearly 2,500 youth from more than 42 countries participated in CONNECT.
The next cycle of CONNECT will be held from 25 July - 31 July 2022. Camps will be seven days long and will take place for 5.5 hours per day.
Registration will open in March 2022!
Want to learn more?
For more information, read our Frequently Asked Questions or visit the Global Encounters and CONNECT tabs.