The Ismaili eSports & Fitness initiative, which is a Global Encounters program, and under the umbrella of the Jubilee Games will comprise of a multitude of activities that build on each other and culminate in a competitive tournament.
The Ismaili eSports segment, which is under the umbrella of the Jubilee Games, will consist of a multitude of activities that build on each other and culminate in a competitive and non-competitive tournament. The competition serves as a means to an end and not an end in itself. The Ismaili eBasketball Cup will entail the following components:
- Coming Together, Competing Together: Through a popular gaming format, eSports offers Jamats across geographies and cultures, the opportunity to congregate digitally, to celebrate excellence in eSports.
- Relationship Building: eSports coaches from across the world, help participants in skill development, while providing a platform to build long-term relationships, offering opportunities to compete but also collaborate.
- Role Model Awareness: Feature athletes, from within the Jamat, to share their stories and successes to build awareness and aspiration!
- Education, Learning and Growth: Content that educates and inculcates responsible online behavior, creates a deeper understanding of the “digital world”, digital etiquette and “parental controls”.
- Maximize Engagement: Non-participating members of the Jamat engage through household watch parties, social media activities, regional and national spirit videos and several other spectator engagement initiatives.
- Having Fun: Introduces non-competitive categories to include families to engage various segments of the Jamat, specifically the Youth.