The Young Ambassador Programme aims to give the youth aged 14 to 19 a unique opportunity to be involved with various local and national Jamati events at an organisational and delivery level.
The programme encourages participants to think critically and teaches them the life skills they will need to be future leaders both inside and outside the Ismaili community.
One of the key highlights of the programme is ESF. This year it covers four main areas, with young ambassadors being mentored by members of the ESF organising committee in:
Social Media Planning and Delivery
- Help develop the social media marketing plan
- Create photo and video content for the ESF Facebook and Instagram pages before, during and after ESF
- Help market Draw Night Live
- Present at Draw Night Live
Sports Planning and Delivery
- Join the ESF Sports Planning team and participate in Sports planning meetings
- Help organise and plan one or more sports events over the ESF weekend
- Provide on the day support for running sports
- Market non-competitive sports at ESF
- Welcome Jamati members to Nottingham University
- Man the registration desks
- Assist with data management for Draw Night Live
- Help organise Draw Night Live
- Take the lead in organising an event at ESF, with guidance and support from the Event Management Team e.g. Saturday Night entertainment for 13-17 year olds or dance competition
Check out the ESF Facebook page for fun and exciting Young Ambassador content, coverage and antics. Registration for next year’s Young Ambassador Programme opens in Summer 2019. Further details will be available soon.