Rays of Light Frequently Asked Questions
What is Rays of Light: Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat?
Rays of Light: Glimpses into the Ismaili Imamat is originally one of six Golden Jubilee International Programmes, and seeks to depict the work of Mawlana Hazar Imam through 60 years of his Imamat. On December 11, 2008, immediately following the final Golden Jubilee Darbar in Paris, Mawlana Hazar Imam had inaugurated this exhibition, accompanied by members of his family.
This multimedia presentation comprises approximately 250 photographs, video clips, and audio segments covering the period from Mawlana Sultan Mahomed Shah to recent times. These include childhood photographs of Hazar Imam and Prince Amyn, video clips of Hazar Imam inaugurating key projects, and media products chronicling historical moments in his Imamat.
How can I register for the exhibition?
Registration for viewing the exhibition is mandatory and will be conducted online on a first-come, first-served basis at jubilee.blueticket.pt. Registration as a family is encouraged. One member of the family can register the entire family.
What plans should I make to view the exhibition?
- A complete viewing of the exhibition will take at least one hour. However, you can stay and view the exhibition for as long as you desire.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time. If you are late or miss your appointment time for any reason, you may re-register for a new time slot.
- Upon arrival at the exhibition venue, please check-in at the registration desk, where you will receive your souvenir copy of the Rays of Light Exhibition Guide.
- Food, beverages, photography, videography, or the use of cellular phones and/or other digital devices are strictly prohibited inside the exhibition premises.
- The exhibition is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Admission to the exhibition is free of charge.
Who can attend the exhibition?
Anyone registered for the Diamond Jubilee Celebration can register for and attend the exhibition.