Conflict Resolution Day will be celebrated on Thursday, October 18, 2018. This day was conceived by the Association for Conflict Resolution in 2005 and is celebrated globally in October every year. The day promotes awareness of mediation, conciliation, arbitration and other peaceful means of resolving conflict.
To celebrate Conflict Resolution Day this year, the National Conciliation and Arbitration Board for the United Kingdom is pleased to host an evening discussion on the "Tradition of Mediation in Islam: Achieving fair and equitable resolutions". The discussions will explore the historical context to mediation and conciliation within Islam and how it has evolved over centuries since the revelation of the Holy Quran to the present day Conciliation and Arbitration Boards.
The event will include presentations by the following speakers:
- Dr. Omar Ali-de-Unzaga, Deputy Head of Department of Academic Research and Publications, The Institute of Ismaili Studies
- Dr. Nuha Al-Sha'ar, Senior Research Associate, The Institute of Ismaili Studies
- Mr. Mahmood Ahmed, Chairman, Aga Khan Foundation UK National Committee
- Ms. Shainool Kassam, Member, Aga Khan International Conciliation and Arbitration Board
- Dr. Yasmin Dhanji, Chairman, Aga Khan National Conciliation and Arbitration Board for the UK
An interactive panel discussion will follow.
The event will be held as follows:
- Venue: Social Hall, Ismaili Centre London
- Date: Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Time: 7:45 PM to 8:15 PM
To register, please email [email protected].